Cookies are small text strings sent to the user of the website visited, which are stored in the users’ device and allow the website to recognize users and store certain information about them. Cookies can be recovered during subsequent visits. Cookies can be recovered during subsequent visits.
Types of Cookies
- Technical cookies: they are used for purposes strictly connected to the correct functioning of the website;
- Analytics cookies: they are comparable to technical cookies and other identifiers if they are used only to produce aggregate statistics and in relation to a single website or a single mobile application; for those of third parties, at least the fourth component of the IP address is masked; third parties refrain from combining analytics cookies, thus minimized, with other processing or from transmitting them to other parties.
- Profiling cookies: these cookies allow to obtain information about the user and can be used for unsolicited purposes, such as the display of advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while browsing.
- Sharing cookies (social buttons plugins and widgets): on the website there are “buttons” (called “social buttons / widgets”) that represent social networks or other services icons (for example Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.). These buttons allow users who are browsing the site to interact with a “click” directly with the depicted social networks. To be aware of the methods and purposes of the processing of user information by third parties, users should read the privacy and cookie policies of the third parties involved. In the specific case, the user can visit: In the specific case, the user can visit:
- https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/it/cookies/ [per ITunes]
- https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=it [per Youtube]
Legal basis of the processing
The personal data mentioned on this page are processed by the University in the execution of its public interest tasks or in any case related to the exercise of its public powers, including the task of carrying out information and institutional communication activities pursuant to law no. 150/2000 and D.R. 271/2009. The legal basis for the processing of profiling cookies or other similar tracking tools described above is to be found in the consent referred to in art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Management of Cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but the user can usually change the settings to disable this function. It is possible to block all types of cookies, or accept to receive only some and disable others. The “Options” or “Preferences” sections in the browser menu allow you to avoid receiving cookies and other user tracking technologies, and to choose how to get notification from the browser whenever these technologies are activated. Alternatively, it is also possible to consult the “Help” section of the toolbar present in most browsers.
Below are the links that explain how to manage or disable cookies for the most popular Internet browsers:
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/microsoft-edge/eliminare-i-cookie-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/it-it/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
In compliance with the regulations in force, all cookies must be disabled when the consent options are presented; therefore, only the cookie is active on the site, whose sole purpose is to store the preferences expressed by the user. The data will be stored for one year from the first saving of preferences.
This website uses the features offered by Web Analytics Italia. “Cookies” are used to collect and analyze in an anonymous and aggregate form the information on the traffic and the use of the website.
Web Analytics Italia (WAI) is the national platform for the collection and analysis of statistical data relating to the traffic of websites and digital services of the Italian Public Administration.
For more information, see the link https://webanalytics.italia.it/privacy.
For more information on cookies and their general functions, visit an informative website such as www.allaboutcookies.org or https://www.garanteprivacy.it/faq/cookie.
Disabling cookies may limit the possibility to use the site and prevent you from fully benefiting from the features and services.