The Department of Architecture, Built Environment and Construction Engineering (DABC) generates (research) and transfers (training) knowledge and value in the architecture and construction sector.
DABC acts as the main point of reference for high-level competence concerning:
- the project in its different dimensions (architectural, technological, performance and construction) and different scales (materials, building and plant components, buildings and built environment) in new constructions, rehabilitation, recovery and conservation;
- engineering of the design, production and construction processes;
- surveying, monitoring, modelling, information and data management (building and built environment) and development of models/tools for the digitisation of processes;
- experimentation with advanced materials and components for architecture;
- technical and economic management of buildings in their life cycle and economic evaluation of transformations.
DABC shares with Politecnico di Milano the fundamental values of honesty, integrity, respect, professionalism, and transparency, and represents a place for experimentation and planning at the service of society.
The value that DABC transfers in research and training is attributable to the capabilities of:
- observing changes, anticipating problems and proposing solutions using a curiosity-driven approach, and foreseeing scenarios for innovation and transformation (technological foresight);
- valuing interdisciplinarity to creatively address and solve complex problems and to generate knowledge advancement through cutting-edge research projects;
- generate synergies with the world of PA, the third sector and business: design, production, construction and management.